Sensory tip of the week this week is hair brushing.
I have 8 tips for you
- Try using brushes like Tangle tamer or Tangle teezer; they hurt less on me, it might work with your kid.
- Letting the sensory kid brush their own hair is one way.
- There might be sores on the sensory kid’s head.
- Massage the sensory kid’s head before brushing his/her hair.
- Try this website.
- If the sensory kid has long hair and is old enough, try rewarding hair brushing with straightening and curling.
- Maybe the sensory kid should brush his/her hair in the shower after using conditioner, it hurts less for some people.
- Make sure the sensory kid is regulated before hair brushing.
Calam my pet rat says: the best way to brush your hair is to lick your fingers, then scratch! I don’t think this works with humans!